MTFC is a volunteer organization. Therefore, we are always seeking parents and/or coaches that want to make a difference in the lives of children. Without volunteers our program would not be able to function.
Coaches are expected to meet the following criteria:
- Serve as a positive influence by displaying good sportsmanship at all times.
- Refrain from the use of bad language, alcohol or tobacco products while in the presence of the team.
- Be on time for games and practices.
- Make practices and games fun for all children.
- Communicate regularly with the parents/players.
- Encourage all children regardless of their skill level.
- Be a good ambassador for the league.
- Attend coaches meetings before, during and after the season.
- Attend the coaches' training sessions.
- Submit to a league-provided background check.
- Submit player rating forms upon request.
Although the coach will stress the importance of trying hard at all times, winning is not in the above list of priorities. As a matter of fact, it is not on the list at all.
Disputes involving a coach or referee should be addressed to the Board of Directors.